Repair vs. Replacement
Your boiler isn’t getting heat throughout your home like it used to, your air conditioner is struggling to cool down your Maryland home, or your furnace can’t keep up with the chill outside. Depending on the cause and the current condition of your heating or cooling system, you might be able to have repairs done or need to replace the entire unit. At Ambient Cooling & Heating, we’ll work with you to determine whether or not your unit can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced altogether. Unlike other companies, we’ll never sell you work or equipment that you don’t need. All of our HVAC contractor services are honest, reliable, and quick.
Should I Repair?
When something goes wrong with your heating or cooling system, replacement is not always necessary. Our expert technicians will assess the condition of your current equipment, evaluate what repairs need to be done, and quote you a total cost for you to compare with the cost of a replacement. Repairing your heating or cooling system might be a better idea, and here are some of the reasons we typically recommend repair over replacement:
- The issue with your heat pump, boiler, furnace, geothermal unit, or air conditioner is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or a service contract, so the cost of the part and labor will be covered
- The equipment is expected to have many more years in service if the repair is properly completed
- The cost of the repair is reasonable (or less than half of the cost of a new system)
- This is the first problem that you have had with an otherwise-reliable heating or air conditioning system
Should I Replace?
Unfortunately, sometimes replacing the entire heat pump, boiler, furnace, geothermal unit, or air conditioner is the best option. The experts at Ambient Cooling & Heating will work with you to determine the best model to replace your existing unit with and ensure that the installation process is smooth and seamless. Here are some of the most common reasons that we recommend replacement over repair:
- The cost to repair the system would be over 50% of the cost of a new system
- The unit isn’t covered by a warranty or contract, so the repairs would be paid out of pocket
- The heating or cooling system is past its life expectancy and repair would not significantly extend its life
- The unit has given you a lot of trouble in the past and regularly needs repairs
- Your heating or cooling unit is so old that parts for replacement are impossible or difficult to find
- You are looking for something that offers you greater energy efficiency
Heating and Cooling Repair Services from Ambient Cooling & Heating
If you need quality, expertise, and service that you can trust, choose Ambient Cooling & Heating for all of your HVAC installation services and HVAC repair service needs. We’re known throughout the state of Maryland for our top-notch service and excellent response times and work throughout Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, Howard County, Carroll County, and the lower portion of Baltimore County. We take pride in offering our residential and commercial customers high quality services at competitive price points. Trust a small, family-owned business with over 50 years of combined experience for your HVAC installation services and HVAC repair service needs. Give us a call at 410-761-0932 or contact us today!